Arya Brahmantya Boga
Arya Brahmantya Boga was born on November 30, 1993, in Jakarta. Formally educated at Pembangunan Jaya Kindergarten to Pembangunan Jaya University, he graduated as a bachelor of Informatics Engineering.
His music education started at Electone with Yamaha in 2002, then continued piano lessons 6 months after. He was accepted to study composition at Yamaha Junior Master class from 2007 to 2012 with Maryana Brotosudirjo and Vera Soeng, and took part in Junior Original Concert 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012, forming one of the Yamaha Star teams in 2011-2012 as well as achieving the third-highest grade possible in Indonesia for electone and fundamental: high grade 5, and the second-highest grade possible in Indonesia for piano: high grade 4. His most recent certification is ABRSM theory grade 5.
His love for choir brought him to take up vocal lessons with Fitri Muliati in 2014, and choral conducting class with Budi Utomo Prabowo since 2018 which escalated into orchestral conducting. Starting November 2019, he is pursuing vocal lessons with Joseph Kristanto Pantioso.
As a musician, Arya’s career began with the Yamaha Star team. He also performed as a choir accompanist of PESPARAWI 2010 in Jakarta and continues to National PESPARAWI 2012 in Kendari, which served as his first stepping stone in choir.
Some of his accomplishments are:
- 1st place & Best Performer Gracia Open Piano Competition 2012.
- Gold Medal at national PESPARAWI 2012 (as choir accompanist).
- Grand Champion at Festival Paduan Suara HKBP Pasar Rebo 2014 with PSA Gloria HKBP Suprapto (as accompanist).
- 3rd place at Kompetisi Komposisi The Resonanz: Tahun Emas Avip Priatna category Musica Profana A: SATB Polyphony on “Syukur” theme in 2014.
- Gold Diploma level 1 in Musica Sacra category and Silver Diploma level 9 in Male Choir category in Canta Al Mar Festival Coral Internacional 2016 in Barcelona, Spain as baritone/2nd tenor with Koor AMA HKBP Menteng.
- Gold Diploma level 1 in Male Choir category, Gold Diploma level 6 in Folklore category and Category Winner for both categories in Per Musicam Ad Astra 2019 in Poland as baritone/2nd tenor with Koor AMA HKBP Menteng.
Kompetisi Komponis Muda Indonesia 2019, held by Bandung Philharmonic, is his most recent competition. His composition for SATB and string orchestra named “Terbangnya Burung”, based on the poem under the same title by Sapardi Djoko Damono, led him to win this competition.